Hi! I'm Kelly Kole with Kandrac & Kole Interior Designs. We are big fans of Erin and equally obsessed with the mesmerizing color of Turquoise so it is our pleasure to be guest blogging today!

Two years ago, I redesigned my family room (this just shows you the staying power of Turquoise!). I've been dying to share this special room with House of Turquoise readers.

The inspiration for my design was this whimsical houndstooth fabric from Wesley Hall.



When I was creating the fabric palette, I instantly started to drool over this turquoise velvet. This velvet now adorns what is affectionately called "Mommy's chair" - i.e. if you're sitting there, and I come along, you better get up!



Next I fell in love with these lamps from The Natural Light Company's custom color ceramic program. Turquoise, linen and lucite = yummy! (Plus they are really tall and are 3-way which is key for me!)



Then.... drumroll please... the pièce de résistance as they say - an original piece of art by Atlanta artist Kim Schuessler called Ring Around the Rosies. Besides the fact that this particular piece reminded me of myself and my two (blonde) daughters, the little turquoise bird was the clincher! What are the chances (well, great actually cuz everybody loves turquoise!).



It's the little touches that always make a difference - right? Like the delicate turquoise coaster my glass of Pinot Grigio must sit on every night.



This is a room our entire family genuinely enjoys. The nice thing about turquoise is that it is a hue that can be infused into an existing space - especially when it's simply used as careful pops of joy!



All photos by Oana Hogrefe Photography

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top